2 Ways To Change Twitter Username or Handle – You also need to know information about how to change your Twitter username so that you can practice it in the future. Especially those of you who have Twitter social media accounts in cyberspace. You can change the username on your account.
Table of Contents
How To Change Twitter Username or Handle 2023
The method is also not so difficult because changing the account name on social media platforms can also be done by anyone and at any time. In fact, you can also change the username every day. Of course, there’s a reason you want to do it, right?
- Why is Facebook Lite Can not Open? Here Is The Solution
- 4 Ways To See Your Own Forgotten Facebook Password
- How to Use Hashtags for Social Media Optimization
- How to Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account
Well, all the information about changing the username on a Twitter account will be explained clearly here. Therefore, you guys don’t miss the information because who knows you might need it in the future.
Why does the username on Twitter need to be changed?
Of course, there is a reason for wanting to change the username on the Twitter social media platform. Maybe you are confused because you want to change your username on Twitter but don’t know how.
Before knowing how to change the recommended Twitter username, it wouldn’t hurt you all to know the reasons behind the change of account name on Twitter. For more details, please read the following description.
#1. Bored and Not Cool
Not a few account owners on Twitter are bored with their usernames for reasons of boredom and their names are not cool when read. Therefore, they want to replace their username with a cooler name choice.
The goal is definitely to be more popular and exist in cyberspace through Twitter. The new username used can use a pseudonym that is not owned by another account.
#2. It’s been used by someone else
Because there are many Twitter users all over the world, it’s not surprising that the same username is used. Maybe you are one of them who has experienced this. It is not known which party used the name first.
But what is certain, you must immediately change your username on Twitter so as not to be labeled a plagiarist in cyberspace. After all, there is still a choice of cool names that can be searched or designed for the username.
#3. Get Into Trouble
There was also a certain case involved that he had to change his username on Twitter so that his account was not known. Usually related to violations of articles of the ITE Law, such as defamation in cyberspace, spreading hoaxes or fake news, and so on.
The owner of a Twitter account who is caught violating it can be reported to the police, in this case, the Cybercrime Unit, so that it can be processed in the realm of law. Well, not a few want to change their Twitter username because they have problems or cases like that.
Those are some of the reasons that many people want to change their usernames on Twitter. All of the reasons still make sense and are the right of every Twitter account owner to change their username at will.
How to Change Twitter Username
Next, you really need this information. The recommended way to change the username on your Twitter account. You may not know it yet, so you have to read it through to the end.
In general, how to change your Twitter username can be done on your personal computer (PC) or laptop and Android-based smartphone. The reason is, social media Twitter can be applied through various types and kinds of gadgets that exist today.
Then, how? Here’s a full explanation that may be useful for you.
#1. How to Change Twitter Username on a PC or Laptop
Those of you who are used to using Twitter on a PC or laptop can change your username with the following steps.
- Prepare your PC or laptop first. Then, open the Twitter app.
- After that, go to the Twitter Timeline page and login using your username and password. Because the username has not been changed, it means you are using the old one.
- After successfully logging in, you can click on the profile photo at the top right of the Twitter screen. Just select the Settings and Privacy menu. Through this menu, you can start replacing the old username with the new one.
- Select the Account option and a username column will appear. Please delete the old username, then just type the new name in the column.
- If the name you typed has not been used, the Available status will appear. But otherwise, the name you typed is already used by another account. The status will read Username has already been taken.
- So, you really have to find a new username that is unique, original, and cool. That way, no other Twitter account has used it yet.
- After successfully finding a new username and the status is Available, you just click Save Changes. This means that the change in the username has been successful and is stored by the system on Twitter. Finally, you have a new username on Twitter that other accounts don’t use.
- To be able to see the change in the username, you can logout or exit Twitter first. Then, login again with the new username.
#2. How to Change Twitter Username on Android Smartphone
Apart from being on a PC or laptop, you can also change your Twitter username on an Android-based smartphone. The method is also not difficult and even easier because using a smartphone is much easier to operate the various applications in it, Twitter is no exception.
Some of the steps that you can practice to change your username on Twitter are as follows.
- Prepare your smartphone first. Then, open the Twitter app.
- After that, login to your account by typing in your username and password. That way, you can enter the main Twitter page.
- Next, click on the small profile photo at the top left. Then, select the Settings and Privacy menu.
- After that, click the Account menu to log into your account on Twitter. It contains personal data that only you can replace. No exception, the username is in the Account and can be changed.
- Click on the Change Username section, then you can enter a new name in the New column. Please find and type a completely new, original, unique, and cool username in the column provided.
- If the status is Available, it means that the new username that you typed has not been used by someone else’s account on Twitter. Therefore, you just click Done so that the username change is complete.
- To check whether the username has been changed or not, you can log out or exit Twitter first. After that, you login again with the username you just created. If successful, it means that the username has been accepted and stored by the system on Twitter.
That’s how to change your Twitter username on a PC, laptop, or Android-based smartphone. The method is quite easy and recommended for your practice.
Don’t forget to bookmark and always visit every day Technadvice.com because here you can find the latest technology information such as How-to Guide Tips and Tricks Blogging Digital Marketing Windows Android Root Social Media games, ETC. Best of luck.