13 Best Free Data Recovery Software for Windows 10 PC – If you are searching on Google or another search engine Best Free Data Recovery Software for Windows 10, then you are right place. let’s start. To restore permanently deleted data on laptops and PCs, we can use the help of data recovery applications, both free and paid.
Here’s 10+ Best Free Data Recovery Software for Windows 10 PC Laptop 2022
On the Windows operating system, when we delete a file, the file will go into a directory called the Recycle Bin. From there the files can still be returned to their original places easily. The method is to simply right-click on the file and select Restore.
- Best Free Data Recovery Software
- Restore Deleted Files on Windows Defender
- Review Recoverit – Software For Restore lost data on Mac
- 4 Ways to find your Computer’s System Specification
It’s different if we delete it permanently, for example by pressing the Shift + Delete key, files are deleted from the Recycle Bin, from a Flashdisk, external memory (SD card), or an external hard disk.
This file will no longer be in the Recycle Bin so we cannot restore it in the normal way. That’s why we need the help of a recovery application.
There are many choices of applications that you can use, but on this occasion, I will provide recommendations for the best applications to restore permanently deleted data on a laptop.
The first best application to restore permanently deleted data is Recuva, this application is the one I currently use on personal PCs and laptops.
Recuva was developed by Piriform, the software company that also developed CCleaner, one of the best PC cleaner apps we’ve discussed before.
To restore lost or permanently deleted data, Recuva is quite reliable. Unlike other applications that provide capacity limitations on the free version, with Recuva we can recover even large data.
Recuva can be used to restore files that have been deleted for a long time thanks to the Deep scan feature for buried files with a high probability of success.
If you want to get more complete features, you can buy the paid version at a fairly affordable price.
- Can be used for the recovery of almost any file format
- Multi-OS support (Windows, macOS, Android)
- Restore deleted or formatted data on hard disks, SD cards, flash drives, and memory cards.
- Display easy to use
- Has a deep scan feature
- There is a portable version (without installation)
- The scan results show all files that can be recovered or not
- Very minimalistic features
#2. Disk Drill
Disk Drill is one of the best data recovery applications that you can use for free. This application can be used to restore files such as photos, videos, word and excel documents, and various other file formats.
Apart from being free, Disk Drill can also be used on multi-platform Windows, macOS, and Android. To restore lost data on your smartphone, you can connect it to a laptop with a data cable.
The appearance of this application is also fairly simple and very easy to use, so even beginners will have no trouble using it.
Disk Drill can be used to recover lost or formatted data on laptops, PCs, external hard disks, SD cards, flash drives, and camera memory cards. The free version can recover deleted data up to a maximum of 500MB.
- Reliable performance
- Can recover almost all file formats
- Support for Windows 10, 8, 7, macOS, and Android
- Can scan external hard disks, flash, and memory cards
- The application interface is easy to use
- Can restore lost partitions
- Can restore data on flash and hard disk that has been formatted
- There is a data limit of 500MB
- The paid version is quite expensive
#3. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS is a software company whose product is a very powerful data recovery software called EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This application has a very good performance in recovering lost data on the computer.
This application supports all file formats and can be used both on Windows, macOS, iOS, and android. You can also scan various storage media to perform data recovery.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard has two versions, namely free and paid, to simply restore accidentally deleted data, you can simply use the free version.
- Reliable performance
- The UI is cleaner and more modern
- Maintain good apps by developers
- Supports multiple file formats and OS
- Can be used to restore deleted data on hard disks, cellphone memory cards, flash disks, and various other storage media.
- There is a Quick scan and Deep sector scan feature
- The application is quite light, and can run on systems with 128Mb RAM
- The data recovery capacity is limited to a maximum of 2GB on the free version
- The paid version is expensive
PhotoRec is an open-source recovery application that is free to use without having to purchase a license. This application can run on the operating systems Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, macOS, and of course Linux.
PhotoRec can be the right choice for those of you who are looking for a free, full-featured recovery application without being bothered by the offer to buy the paid version.
Although the main purpose of this application is to restore permanently deleted photos and videos on a laptop, the file formats supported by PhotoRec are more than 300 formats, so they can be used to recover lost data in almost all frequently used file formats.
This application also offers convenience, starting from the installation process to its use, it will feel very easy even for beginners. The UI looks less modern, but it’s very easy to use.
- Open Source, free
- Supports use on various OS
- Supports more than 300 types of file formats
- Easy to use
- Less modern look
- The restore process is done automatically, so you can’t just select certain files you want to restore
#5. Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery can be used to recover various types of files that have been accidentally deleted or lost, starting from multimedia, e-mail, and documents. If you feel sorry that you deleted some photos or videos from your camera memory card and want to restore them, then this app is the right choice.
Tamplan UI looks more modern and easy to use so novice users will have no trouble operating it. The scan process is also quite fast, especially on storage media with a capacity that is not too large.
This application can be used on Windows and macOS and is quite light even if your laptop specifications are not very high. The performance is also quite reliable and stable.
- Reliable performance, stable and lightweight
- Modern UI appearance
- User friendly
- Suitable for beginners
- Limited file formats supported
- The scan results show files that sometimes cannot be recovered
#6. Wise Data Recovery
To restore data on a flash that was accidentally formatted you can use this Wise Data Recovery application. This application is reliable enough for data recovery on various external storage media such as flash, external hard disks, and memory cards.
The simple UI appearance and the fairly fast scanning process will make the job of restoring data very easy for beginners. This application is free to use and supports all versions of Windows.
For those of you who don’t want to install additional applications, you can use the portable version. Unfortunately, there are currently no macOS and Linux versions available, so they can only be used on Windows PCs and laptops.
- Fast scan process
- UI interface is easy to use
- Supports multiple file formats
- Can restore data on external storage media
- Supports all versions of Windows
- Cannot restore files to the original folder
- Displays a list of files that are sometimes unrecoverable
- Does not support OS other than Windows
#7. UndeleteMyFiles Pro
Want to use a free but premium data recovery application? You can install this application.
UndeleteMyFiles Pro is one of the recommended recovery applications to date, even though it doesn’t get any more updates from the developer.
The features provided are not only for recovering permanently deleted data, but there are other useful extra features such as files wiper, media recovery, mail rescue, and emergency disk image.
As explained earlier, even though it’s free, you can get all its features without any restrictions. One feature that is quite useful is the files wiper to delete files safely without being able to be restored in any way.
- There are extra features that are quite useful
- Fast scan process
- Display looks old-fashioned
- Don’t get any more updates from the developer
- Limited file formats supported
#8. MiniTool Power Data Recovery
This application can be used not only to restore deleted, lost, or overwritten data, but also to repair damaged data. The size of the application is quite small and lightweight so users with low laptop specifications can still use it.
In terms of UI, this application also has a very familiar display with Windows, so it is very easy to use. For personal use, you can use the free version, but if you want to get all the features you have to buy a pro license.
Accidentally format a flash in which there are still useful files? Take it easy, this application can also be used to restore data on a formatted flash disk.
- The UI is user-friendly and easy to use
- Small application size
- Lightweight can be used on low-specification laptops
- There is a preview feature on detected deleted files
- Support from good developers
- Does not have backup tools
- Limited features in the free version
#9. Undelete 360
If you are looking for a data recovery app that is completely free then this app is the choice. Undelete 360 is a freeware that can be used without a paid version, so what you get in the free version has all the features available.
Undelete 360 supports various file formats that are often used, you can use this application to restore data such as documents, photos, videos, application files, and other file formats that have been accidentally deleted permanently on your laptop and PC.
- Supports multiple file formats
- Simple application interface so easy to use
- 100% free
- It’s no longer updated by the developer
- The UI looks dated
Especially for restoring lost partitions in Windows and the data in them, you can use TestDisk. This application is command-line-based, so its use is not as easy as other GUI-based applications.
TestDisk can be used on a variety of operating systems and supports most file systems. There is also a bootable version that can be used to recover lost partitions when you can’t enter Windows.
- Open source, free
- A bootable version is available
- Can recover lost or damaged boot partitions and partitions
- Supports multiple OS
- Supports various file systems
- UI is command-line
- Not suitable for beginners
#11. Data Rescue
Data Rescue can be an alternative for those of you who are looking for a free data recovery application to restore lost files on PCs and laptops. This application was developed by a well-known developer who has long struggled in the field of data recovery.
One feature that is quite useful is the clone feature which can be used to double the bootable drive. In terms of appearance, this application does look less modern, but the UI navigation is very simple so it’s easy to use.
This application can be used on Windows and Mac operating systems, you can use the free version for personal use or buy the premium version if you want to get all of its features.
- Supports multiple file formats
- Works on Windows and macOS
- There is a clone feature that is quite useful
- There is a hex previewer feature
- The appearance looks less modern
- The scan process is quite long
- There is no pause and resume feature
#12. Paragon Backup and Recovery
Paragon Backup and Recovery is a paid data recovery application that is reliable enough to restore permanently deleted, formatted, and damaged files. This application has two main functions, namely to create data backup and recovery.
This application is suitable for business organizations, both small and large, for personal use it might be quite heavy considering the price of the premium version license which is quite expensive.
- User-friendly UI
- Has two main features that are useful for data security, backup, and recovery
- Prices are quite expensive
- Does not have a cloud backup feature
- Inactive forum
#13. Restoration Data Recovery Software
The recommendation for the best data recovery application to restore deleted files in Windows, the last in this post is Restoration Data Recovery Software.
This application puts convenience to users, so you will find its appearance very simple. But make no mistake, even though it looks simple and the file size is small, this application is quite powerful in terms of data recovery.
You can restore files that have been permanently deleted on the hard disk, flash, and hp memory card. The most special thing about this application is that it is only hundreds of Kb in size and there is no need for an installation process because the application comes in a portable form.
- Simple display
- Small size and lightweight
- No need to install (portable)
- It’s been ignored by the developer, so there’s no recent update
- There is a slight problem when used in Windows 10 and Windows 8 based on user reports.
- How To Update Windows 10 Offline Permanently
- How to Restore Windows Photo Viewer Windows 10
- 7 Easy Ways to Enable WiFi on Laptop Windows
So, friends, This is the explanation of the 13 best free data recovery software for windows 10 recommendations for data recovery applications to restore permanently deleted files in Windows. Please try the application that you think suits your needs.
Don’t forget to bookmark and always visit every day Technadvice.com because here you can find the latest technology information such as How-to Guide Tips and Tricks Blogging Digital Marketing Windows Android Root Social Media games, ETC. Best of luck